How many of us made the New Year’s resolution to travel more this year?
I’ve made this resolution countless times to no end. But it wasn’t until we started ‘travel hacking’ that frequent and fulfilling travel became a reality for me.
We want to share with you the resources we used (and still use) to travel multiple times during the year, with a 9-5 job, and on a limited budget.
We present the Ultimate Guide to Twenty Something Travel for 2015. This in-depth resource introduces you to the best travel hacks and strategies for travel in 2015… PERIOD.
This will be a living resource, so bookmark this page.
Are you ready to travel more?
Introducing: The Ultimate Guide to Twenty Something Travel for 2015
Here is how you get started. When you click one of the chapter links below, it will jump you to your desired chapter… without refreshing the page. So, pick which chapter you like and get started.
- Chapter 1: How to travel with a 9-5 job?
- Chapter 2: Paying for fun travel
- Chapter 3: Why you need a Travel Rewards card (and how to use it)
- Chapter 4: Here are some of the best travel hacks… PERIOD
- Chapter 5: Is flying first-class just for rich people?
- Chapter 6: The Ultimate Guide to Sharing Travels on Social Media
- Chapter 7: How to minimize costs white traveling?
- Bonus Chapter: Learn How To Travel Like A Pro
Chapter 1: How to travel with a 9-5 job?
Traveling while working full-time is a hassle. And giving up our paycheck and steady income to travel is just unrealistic for most of us. Here are some options for those of us who work the 9-5s but still make travel a priority.
- How we find time to travel (and how you can, too!) | The Time-Crunched Traveler
- How To Make Travel Look Good On Your CV | As We Travel
- How to travel the world with a 9-5 job | The Travel Hack
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 1” and provide a link.
Chapter 2: Paying for fun travel
As you know, travel is one of the most rewarding experiences. And we owe it to ourselves to splurge while we do it. But money is the Number #1 Obstacle keeping us ‘twenty-somethings’ from traveling. These resources offer the best advice on saving, budgeting, and planning for fulfilling travel.
- The “Splurge Savings” Approach | Shoestring Explorers
- Managing Your Travel Savings Account | The Professional Hobo
- How I Saved $13,000 For Travel In Just Seven Months | Adventurous Kate
- 5 Things Financially You Should Do Before You Go Traveling | Living The Dream
- How I Afford To Travel | Travel. Paint. Repeat.
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 2” and provide a link.
Chapter 3: Why you need a Travel Rewards card (and how to use it)
Every Millennial traveler should have a travel rewards credit card in their travel tool belt. Earn points for paying necessary fixed costs and cash in on massive signing bonuses when you open a new card. Use these resources to take advantage of a great resource for frequent travel.
- Use Your Credit Cards to Save Thousands of Dollars on Travel Like We Did! | Living The Dream
- One Year of Travel Hacking | Living The Dream
- Frequent Flyer Mile Accumulation, Management, and Redemption | The Professional Hobo
- How to Fly For Free Without Ruining Your Credit Score | Air Miles for Breakfast
- We Earned $400 in Travel From Our Credit Card With This Script | Shoestring Explorers
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 3” and provide a link.
Chapter 4: Here are some of the best travel-hacks… PERIOD
Travel Hacking… Ever heard of it? Chris Guillebeau, NYTimes bestseller and founder of the Art of Non-Conformity, calls it the “democratization of free travel.” In other words, travel is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity that everyone is entitled to enjoy. This should give you a wonderful introduction to the travel-hacking movement.
- Earn Hundreds of Thousands of Frequent Flyer Miles | Travel Hacking Cartel
- How to Build Your Own Connecting Flights | Go, Click, Travel
- Travel Hacking Resources | Chris Guillebeau
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 4” and provide a link.
Chapter 5: Is flying first-class just for rich people?
There is nothing more desirable (and rewarding) than sipping mimosas in first class on a trans-Atlantic flight. It’s the ultimate symbol of status in the modern world of travel. Take advantage of these resources to earn your first first-class ticket… on the cheap.
- How to Fly Business Class for Less | Go, Click, Travel
- Bidding for Business Class – How to Get an Upgrade | Flashpacker Family
- Affordable Luxury: Five Ways to Save on First Class Experiences | Landlopers
- How I Fly Around the World For Next To Nothing | Travel. Paint. Repeat
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 5” and provide a link.
Chapter 6: The Ultimate Guide to Sharing Travels on Social Media
In a recent study by Chase Card Services, they found that 97% of Millennial travelers post to social media while traveling, and 3 in 4 Millennial travelers post to social media at least once everyday. Stand out on Instagram and Twitter with these tips on sharing your travels with friends and family.
- The Best Free Tools to Schedule Tweets and Facebook Posts When You Travel | The Barefoot Nomad
- Travel Photo Guide Part 1: Basic Concepts | Living the Dream
- Trover – A Travel App Definitely Worth Traveling With | Wandering Earl
- iPhone Photography Apps We Love | The Planet D
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 6” and provide a link.
Chapter 7: How to minimize costs while traveling
Here are some good resources for cutting back on costs while traveling. These will definitely come in handy when traveling for a long period of time.
- How to Save Money on Travel | Ytravel
- 11 Ways I Save Money Before, During and After I Travel | Landlopers
- What is Backpacking? And Who Is Someone Called a ‘Backpacker’? | As We Travel
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Chapter 7” and provide a link.
Bonus Chapter: Travel Like A Pro
These tips are just a bonus and don’t fall into any of the above categories.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Travelers | Uncornered Market
- Five Simple Tips to Be A Better Traveler | Landlopers
- Tips For Feeling Fashionable When You Travel | This Battered Suitcase
- How To Buy a Round-The-World Plane Ticket | Chris Guillebeau
Want to add a resource to this chapter? Tweet us with “Travel Resource Bonus Chapter” and provide a link.